Saturday, March 10, 2012

Substitute Teacher

Frog Eggs Day 1

Frog eggs Day 1


So my mother came up on Wednesday to celebrate her early birthday and to watch the kids Thursday and Friday.  Erin was headed up to Baltimore, I think, for a home school convention with our friend Heather.  We didn't want me to have to take anymore leave so Mom came up.  It had been a while since we all saw each other anyway.  Thursday, it was a great day so Mom took the kids across the street to the sandpit/marsh for a nature walk.  I don't know how long they spent over there but they brought back the following.  A small pimento jar full of tadpole eggs, or I guess frog eggs that will turn into tadpoles, an unidentified animal bone the size of a human hip bone and an old bottle.  I've already watched the eggs go from little clear blobs with a black dot to clear blobs with a larger oval looking shapes in the middle.  Pretty cool.  Now as I sit here and type this on a beautiful sunny Saturday, my boys are in the front yard playing baseball with the neighbor boy, Nate, only 3 kids, but they're making it work.  I love it when the kids are out doing the things kids should be doing.  Getting dirty, skinning knees, and battling imaginary monsters.

Day 3
Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment